A year ago, on Valentine’s Day weekend, I found out that we were expecting! How time flies! Back then I also had time to sit around and bake heart shaped cookies like these cranberry cookie pops I whipped up to share with Pizzazzerie’s readers. These days I can hardly grab a bite to eat and by the time I do it’s usually cold! My little guy sure keeps me busy. Gotta love motherhood :) I thought I’d share the recipe with you again because they’re delicious and cute! I’m not just saying that! They are such a big hit every time I bake them and they would make an excellent gift for your Valentine. Read below for the recipe & tutorial.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup C&H pure sugar cane washed raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla bourbon extract
- 1 cup dried cranberries, chopped
Additionally you can add the following ingredients if you wish to do so:
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
The lollipop sticks are by Wilton (15, 2cm)
1. Combine flour, salt and baking powder in a medium bowl.
2. Beat butter, powdered sugar, raw sugar and vanilla in a large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy.
3. Gradually add in flour mixture, beating until blended after each addition.
4. Add in dried cranberries (and white chocolate chips).
5. Shape dough into disk, wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
6. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
7. Line cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper.
8. Roll out dough to approximately 1/4-inch thickness.
9. Cut out heart shapes using a 2-inch heart shaped cookie cutter. Re-roll scraps to make additional hearts.
10. Place cutouts 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheet.
11. Insert a Wilton Lollipop Stick into the bottom of heart.
12. Bake 20 minutes and cool completely on baking sheets.
Makes approximately 2 dozen cookie pops. Enjoy!
Photo Credit: Miriam Corona Events